Saturday, April 25, 2009

My sister-in-law told me about the community food co-op of Utah that she's been using for a while, and we decided to try it ourselves. If you live in or around Salt Lake City and you are watching your budget (who isn't?) here is a great organization to help with your groceries!

Here is what I got today for $23.00

4 lb whole roasting chicken
1 lb lean salisbury steak
1 lb lean pork cubes
1 lb lean ground beef

5 lbs red potatoes
5 oranges
1 head of broccoli
3 cucumbers (not sure what to do with those)
1 head red leaf lettuce
7 bananas
3 tomatoes
1 lb strawberries

stone ground Artisan wheat loaf of bread
16 oz rice

I also got some add-ons:

Nuts from the Nutty Guys and some Bratwurst for about $15.00 more.

Hooray!

Also, I've been anticipating the day when I would finally be able to do something with McKenna's hair besides the Pebbles Flinstone look. Now I can (kind of) put it into a ponytail. It is so cute but it falls out within an hour. Oh well. She has almost no hair on the sides of her head, so right now she is rocking a fantastic mohawk/mullet combo. I'm always trying to figure out ways to make it look cute. Here she is busily engaged in one of her favorite activities: creating as much mess and mayhem in the pantry as she can before I notice. Sorry the pictures aren't so great.

9 comments:

Chris and Joanna said...

That is so nice that you got so much for that amount of money. Where is this place? McKenna's hair looks cute with that ponytail.

Lee and Melody said...

I love her cute little pony! She is so sweet- I miss you guys! And I am so jealous of your having stores like that nearby- I would have spent at least $60-70 on the same things here. *sigh*
Jana's hair is only growing on top- more specifically only on the front of the top... it'll be a year before we'll even be able to do Pebbles! :)

Tiff, Ry, and Jayden said...

I LOVE the ponytail :) As for the food... I also LOVE great deals

jamirodana said...

Hey! I've been wondering where the heck that place is! My sister has done something like it in CA.
I will call you:) We are totally starting a new major budget!

Marianne said...

Hey guys, the link is in the first paragraph of the post. Sorry it's not very obvious. It's on the word 'here'

Marianne said...

I love her puffy cheeks. The profile shot really exemplifies that!

and......yay for the Food Co-Op! I had rotisserie chicken last night made with my 4 lb. whole chicken. It was delicious.

Keenanonie said...

Wish I had something like that here! Ask jamirodana where her CA sister lives... maybe she can point me in the right direction.

Love those cheeks!

Rebecca said...

Scarlett has a very cute head. All of her is cute! :)

Congrats on the food, you found a bargain! It all looks very delicious. I've had about enough of Chinese food this week.

Emily said...

I love the idea of a food co-op. my friend participates in this one as well and raves about it. I am gonna sign up!