Tuesday, November 11, 2008

St. George

We were finally able to get away for the weekend to see my Dad and Step-mom who moved down to St. George this year. We had such a great time! We love the newest additions to our family- Mollie and Maxie who are "Morkies." Half Yorkies and half Maltese. They were so cute and fun to play with! The warm weather was SO NICE! I know that everyone else is blogging about how much they love the fall, and the cooler temps etc. but I HATE FALL! There I said it. I am a summer-time girl. I NEED the sun! So needless to say, it was so nice to have an escape to a much sunnier and somewhat warmer place. I've already decided that I'm going to go again during tax season with just the kids.
James and JJ near Tuachan
We LOVED the Washington City Pool! It is so cool because the bottom of the pool is like a soft rubber material instead of scratchy plaster. Here the bucket is about to tip over. (That freaked JJ out!)

Swimming with Daddy
Swimmer Girl! It was so cute, she was splashing and kicking her legs so hard!

We got to visit Bogey, the talking parrot across the street. This picture pretty much sums up what JJ thought about it.

Singing on Grandpa's karaoke machine. Earplugs, anyone?
Playing at the park

In front of Grandpa's water feature in the back yard. JJ loved helping grandpa turn it on and off.


With Grandma, Grandpa, Mollie, and Maxie

4 comments:

Joanna McGuire said...

That is so nice you got a little vacation. If you decide to go down without james I will be your partner cause I hate the cold too, I am all about the summer and warm weather. Cute pictures of the kids!!!

Melody said...

Ah, karaoke. Fun! It looks like you had a good time. And while I am a fan of fall, my neck of the woods has turned blustery, rainy and cold- not so fun anymore. *sigh*
Miss you!

Our life 2.0 said...

Too bad we didn't run into you! We're always at that Community Center. Isn't it great?! Glad you had a fun trip.
P.S. My blog is now limited access, email me at marybeary12@gmail.com if you'd like to be a reader.

Chris and Tara said...

I'm jealous. That pool looks amazing!
As for treats... if you have something handy you can bring it but it's not required. I haven't asked anyone else to bring something so it's up to you. We'll see you Sunday (we hope).